Tuesday, August 15

California // Ike's Sandwiches, Cupertino

One of the highlights of our previous trip was discovering Ike's Sandwiches. I would go on a limb and say, I'm not a sandwich person. There are very few sandwiches which satisfy me, but when we starting planning our itinerary for California, I told KW we ABSOLUTELY had to make a trip for Ike's sandwiches. Not In-&-Out Burger, not some fancy restaurant. One name to rule them all sandwiches: Ike's.

Someone must have heard my prayers. On our way from the airport, my sis-in-law went out to get Ike's for lunch. We ordered three sandwiches (Nacho Boy, Adam Richman and California BLT) to share among the four of us, forgetting how massive each sandwich was. Each weighed as heavy as a newborn and every bit as desirable. Out of the three, my favourite hands down was the Adam Richman, a hefty-than-thou beast stuffed with fried chicken and, slathered with copious amounts of special sauce and pesto. Ahh, massively delicious!

No comments: