Saturday, December 24

The WIW edition

WIW stands for 'What I wore' and not a typo error for World War I.

It's Christmas eve and you are still talking about your wedding?

Ooookay, trust me, I am quite tired of talking/ blogging about it too but I had received a few emails and comments asking me where I got my dresses from so I summoned all the energy I have on a drizzly Friday afternoon to blog about this. I mean, I would rather look at pictures of char siew on this blog, don't you agree? After this, I will stop talking/ blogging about my wedding - for the next 10 months at least.

I wore 7 dresses over two days.

Photobucket Photobucket

1. My wedding gown from Le Grand Wedding
I had contemplated dresses from Dang Bridal and Silhouette The Atelier but eventually settled for this as it was structually beautiful, not too bride-ly in a cliche way and I could move around in it fairly easily.

Photobucket Photobucket

2. A white cheongsam also from Le Grand Wedding
After the tea ceremony at my in-laws place, I changed into a white cheongsam which was also from Le Grand Wedding. It was a knee-length dress, with pretty scalloped cap sleeves and French lace at the bottom. It was also - takes a deep breath - very very snug, hence the candid shots we took in kw's room.


Photobucket Photobucket

3. Sretsis dress for tea ceremony at my parents place
My tea ceremony dress is from a Thai label called Sretsis and this dress was from Lula Rock. I loooved this dress so much - probably even more than my wedding gown.

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

4. Sue Wong dress for solemnization ceremony
I wore a Sue Wong piece from Avana for my solemnization ceremony. I remember being 'just ok' with this dress but my mum insisted she got it for me. When I slipped into it on the actual day, I was surprised by how much I grew to love it as the evening went on.

Photobucket

Photobucket

5. Sretsis dress for after-party.
I changed into a shorter Sretsis number for the after-party. Mesh, sequinns and frilly in a disco-rama way. Also from Lula Rock.

Photobucket Photobucket

6. Sue Wong dress for second march-in
At Shangri La, I wore my wedding gown gown and for my first change, another Sue Wong piece from Avana that my mum insisted on getting for me... Heehee.

Photobucket Photobucket

7. Vintage lace gown from Ann Teoh
My favouritest dress of the entire affair was the custom-made beige vintage lace dress made by Ann Teoh. I loved the asymmetrical tulle that was light as cotton candy, the intrictae vintage shimmery lace and the tulle wrap. This dress was beautiful, comfortable and definitely an heirloom contender.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear YX, it's not boring at all reading your wedding blogposts. Though I am not going to get married any time soon, but I enjoyed reading about your wedding happenings =) keep posting on all nice stuffs ;) Happy 1st "Married" X'mas :)

yixiao said...

Thank you for such a sweet comment ;)

JT said...

If you don't mind - can you share who did your hair and makeup? Especially the hair... I love your chic bun in the photos :)

yixiao said...

hey, my hair and make-up artist is called angela (hp: 9633 9422). she also did my hair and make-up for our pre-wedding photoshoot. i highly recoomend her!

Anonymous said...

Hello yx! May I know how much are your wedding dress from Le Grand Wedding and the Vintage lace gown from Ann Teoh? Hope it's not too rude to ask but they're really pretty on you! :))))

yixiao said...

hi there, not at a all =) my package from le grand cost $3800 ++. my dress from ann cost about $2500 but it's because we are family friends so i would say, be prepared to spend about $4500 onwards for a gown.