Friday, August 19

A day off with Zee

I timed my day off to coincide with zee's birthday cake meet-up yesterday and made it super productive.

Photobucket

My day started out serendipitiously enough when I bumped into my cousin, who was manning the Jewels Artisan Chocolate booth at Takashimaya's mooncake roadshow. I was intrigued by their black garlic mooncake but a sample was more than enough to satisfy my curiosity... heh heh. But their champange ganache truffle and salted caramel truffle snowskin mooncakes were pretty good, so I got a box with both flavours for kw's family.

After that serendipitious morning, I could tell it was going to be a good day. I met up with my mum's florist to find out more about wedding flowers. Quite frankly, I am still a little shaken by how much we would have to fork out for an upgrade so I decided to do a little investigative work on my own. I don't know about the rest of you, but at the banquet table, I am usually more preoccupied with the mixed kachang puteh as dinner would inevitably be late.

Photobucket

Lunch with my mum at Kia Hiang where I had to have their signature claypot chicken. The dish throws my meat hierarchy off balance. It's such a humble dish but so incredibly satisfying. Pats belly.

Photobucket

The birthday girl cum fellow Groupon fanatic and Souperholic.

Photobucket

The birthday present - got one for myself too.

Photobucket
The sort of birthday cake - coffee cheesecake.

My first time with PS Cafe's coffee cheesecake - just when I thought I had tried all the cakes at PS Cafe Palais (not kidding). PS Cafe isn't know for their airy-fairy cakes and that's what I love about it. Their coffee cheesecake is a hunk of a cake and I love the Oreo base. I knew I would probably have trouble sleeping that night but it was worth it.

Photobucket

Did I mention I was super productive? This was pre-cake, of course. I got our solemnization invite cards (I almost typed "cakes", sigh) printed at International Plaza and it was done within two hours. PHWOAR.

Photobucket

Soba loves leaning against my dad when he's sleeping.

Photobucket

Dude snores really loudly too! By "too," I mean er, go figure.

Photobucket

A-dog-rable, isn't he?

No comments: