Monday, July 11

My better side; my better half - Part 1

Just until recently we didn't have a reason go to Sin Ming for kaya toast, back to our new place for fried carrot cake, PS Cafe Ann Siang Hill for banana butterscotch cake with ice cream, then to Duxton Hill for dinner at BROTH in a day - with two wardrobe and three shoe changes in tow.

Yup, we took our pre-wedding photos last Friday.

Photobucket

It was hooooot! Sadly, I am referring to the weather, and not the pictures we took. I am still surprised (yeah, I know it is three-days-after Monday) my makeup and hair stayed up the entire session. Nonetheless, we had tons of fun and we couldn't have asked for a more awesome photographer, Ivan Tan.

Photobucket

Much needed pit stop at PS Cafe Ann Siang Hill after 4 hours of shooting.

With my first gulp of the coke light, I felt as if I were in a coke commercial. Fiendishly grateful for the ice cold coke sliding down my throat, fizzy bubbles popping around me and from within. AHHHHH, the sweet epic joy of caffinated carbonated drinks.

A highlight of our day were the peeps at BROTH. Super friendly, accomodating and sweet, we were truly heartened by how they went out of their day to make things easy peasy, smooth-as-coulis for us (p.s. Shin Kushiya Operations Manager, something to take note of eh?).

Photobucket

Effing delicious rosemary cake-bread - probably the best complimentary bread I have had in Singapore.

After we were done with our mains, we decided to share one dessert. Portions at BROTH are on the small side but we had only spent the en-tyre day fooding (if any of the wheels got punctured, we knew where to find the spare tyre).

Photobucket

Well, if like us, you only have space of one dessert - make it the caramelized pineapple tart with vanilla ice cream. Sweet caramelized pineapple plus buttery tart with vanilla ice cream and toasted coconut nibs equals iPineappletart 4(OM)G.

Photobucket

Suddenly our server presented us with a little something from the restaurant. Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauce and vanilla ice cream. We were like, Oh my gaw-... Seriously!? Free dessert! Chocolate scribbles and well-wishes!? You guys are dah best.

I was stuffed to my double chin but it would be so rude to not finish this sticky tricky pud'. What a perfectly schweet end to our day!

Photobucket

Thanks Ivan for being a real trooper. It was a joy having you around. AHHH I can't wait to see the pictures!

7 comments:

sooks said...

nice sneakpeek on your photographer's blog! It was a pleasant surprise to find my very gd friend's wedding pics on the same page (I din know the name of her photographer). What a coincidence! :)

yixiao said...

thanks sooks!

is your friend dawn? thought i remember reading something about a couple getting together in Melbourne.

M. said...

you have great wit (BUT you would already know it ;) happy marriage!

sooks said...

yup.. she's a really close friend of mine that I've known since I was pri 1! I was a bridesmaid at her wedding.. so that explains the many pics of me that you see there. hahaa..

yixiao said...

sooks, haha no wonder i found that girl in the yellow toga dress familiar!

thanks m! hope you come visit me at the store soon.

sooks said...

hahaa.. not the most flattering pictures but def one of the best weddings I've been too. I'm sure yours will be great too. Congrats! :)

yixiao said...

thanks sooks!